2.2

2003 Mercury Mountaineer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercury Mountaineer:

2003 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Mountaineer

Went to place something in the back and lifted the gate and the left side hinge came out and had to catch the gate from falling. Got my son to help try to secure it and the strut on the left side doesnt work so had to force it to close

- Randolph, MA, USA

May 192014

Mountaineer

On May 19 2014 while putting a bag in the rear I noticed when lifting the tail gate a crack had appeared around the Mercury emblem down to the bottom of the lift gate. I went to the local Ford dealer as there are no more Mercury dealers to question the problem. The collision manager told me this is a common problem on this model and Ford has not done a recall. I did not replace the plastic panel due to the cost of $500. In my opinion Ford should have issued a recall. I also noticed on the internet how many people complained including this website. Why hasn't NHTSA done something about it?

- Richmond, TX, USA

Sep 022011

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Back hinge broke allowing the glass to fall.

- Kansas City, MO, USA