1. bought an aftermarket repair kit (1 reports)
  3. replace the visors (1 reports)
2004 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer:

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jun 012013

Mountaineer V6

Driving on a nice day. Something just falls in front of my face. I damn near crashed. Apparently my plastic P.O.S visor crumbled into pieces. I attempted to find a bracket at the junk yard. However the piece that holds the visor arm is a pressed piece, so you can't even put a new piece. Now they want me to spend $200 for a new visor. Are they nuts? My visor with the pretty light up mirror is perfectly fine. I think Legos have a better hold then this cheap plastic crap they used.

So I researched the Internet some guy out there came up with a bracket system himself because he had the same problem. I believe he was selling the piece for $40. Me personally, my visor is way in the back of my SUV. I don't need it that bad. There is no excuse for FORD not claiming their issues with vehicles and fixing them. We as vehicle owners expect to fix normal wear & tear things wrong with out cars but damn plastic just crumbling =0 not acceptable

- , DeForest, WI, USA

Mar 242014

Mountaineer Premeer 4.6L V8

Bought the repair from it cost me $38 and change with shipping. Both visors broke. driving down to the beach and the visor fell off! The clips fixed the problem but it seems to be often. The bracket is made of three pieces, i think it was aluminum. It was a little scary when it fell but awkward and frustrating to get the brackets in place.

- , Ridgefield Park, NJ, USA

Jan 012009

Mountaineer Premier V6

Almost 200 on ebay but no one except a dealership can figure out how to hook them back up. They want almost $600 because they have to tear everything out to get them installed.

- , Stow, OH, USA