2004 Mercury Mountaineer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer:

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jun 292012

Mountaineer Premier 4.6L, V8

I had the truck checked at the ford dealer and nothing was wrong with it. It turned off once at church and would not restart. I took the battery out and had it checked and it said good battery. I returned to the truck the next day reinstalled the battery and it started right up. A few days ago the truck would not start. It would turn over but nothing from the motor. It just made a click and nothing. I towed it to a shop and they said it was the starter. After having the starter replaced the next day the exact same thing. This time they took the battery out and put it back in. it started. The same day the exact same thing happened. I had the ignition starter switch replaced because people were saying that was their issue. Same results nothing. I am now stuck with a truck that would not turn over. I have never had this issue out of my honda. I should've stayed with them.

- , Chester, VA, USA