8.5

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
  3. servo bore replaced (1 reports)
2004 Mercury Mountaineer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer:

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Apr 252015

Mountaineer

This is actually worrying me since I cannot drive it further from the place where technicians are available. And the cost, as mentioned by the technician, cannot be afforded by a person with meager income like me. I do hope that Ford can give free service to solve this common problem of Mercury Mountaineer/Ford Explorer.

- , Jubail, Saudi Arabia

Apr 302014

Mountaineer V8

My vehicle O/D light constantly blinks and its shifting hard. The gears appear to be slipping! Slow to pick up speed!

- , South Holland, IL, USA

Aug 012014

Mountaineer

The first problem came in 10000 miles, the transmission was rebuilt under warranty now at 120k I am told that the servo bore needs to be replace (fixed) as well. $16000-24,000. I am looking for victims willing to initiate a class action suit.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 292014

Mountaineer 4.6V8

this mercury mountaineer was the car we researched and found the exact color and interior, we had a dealer who was not that honest when it came to dates of warranties and the 1.9 percent rate was I point higher the should have been. the lift gate cracked from the logo , I was told that the suv would be under purchased until the last payment , no true at all, I noticed that there was body work done to the front end of this certified used suv and the woman who had this was a manager at the dealership, the radio stopped working in the drivers door and I took it to the dealer down the road , was told I needed a new unit as its all one piece. 89 dollars and I found out it was a wire in the door harness . never returned my money or shipped me the part, I then had the back lift gate brake off while unloading grocery , The hinge snapped I was left holding the window. and the paint is chipping along the roof. this is a not so nice purchase, worst ever, most cash ever spent on the piece of sh*t that now needs a new transmission

- , Phila, PA, USA