2007 Mercury Mountaineer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer:

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Mountaineer 8-cyl

Vehicle will not shift out of park. Shift is locked into park and will not shift to any gear and depressing lever button and brake will not release out of park. I purchased the vehicle from huntington Ford in rochester hill and bought the extended warranty and was told by Ford service department this is not covered and would cost $500 just for the part. After researching this problem I have noticed other complaints about this issue that the car will not move out of park. This seems like it may be a defect because I have never experienced this problem out of many vehicles I have owned for years.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Sep 032012

We bought the car 2 years ago and a few months after we have purchased it, it started to act up. When we pull the shift gear to reversed, it jerks real bad as if we were rear ended. A few times, the shift gear would be stuck. We could not pull the shifter down to reverse from park. It normally takes us an hour so to do it but tonight, it was worst. We were stuck on park...finally after an hour, we were able to pull it from park and onto reverse from the garage. Only this time reverse was park, neutral was reverse, drive was neutral and 3 was drive. It was so frustrating....and to top that off, my husband and I both got into a heated argument over this stupid car!! we still cannot get it fixed because we don't have the money!!!

- Westminster, CO, USA