2008 Mercury Mountaineer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Mountaineer:

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Aug 062014

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Once the key is inserted the seat will move into position and the interior lights turn off. That is what should happen. What happens is my knee nudges the key the car will think I have taken the key out and will turn the interior lights on and move my seat all the way back to its out position. This can cause an accident because me feet no longer touch the pedals. As soon as this happened my air bag light came on but no codes are showing. This has happened multiple times and I am surprised there is not a recall for this since there are others suffering with this as well that I have seen posted in online forums.

- Springfield, MA, USA