1. installed a custom headlight switch (1 reports)
1997 Mercury Sable electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mercury Sable:

1997 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

May 022008

Sable GS

Its really a pain in the butt, when you are sitting in the house watching tv and you look out the window and your headlights are turning on and off. The neighbors come over and tell you your lights are on and you go out to see if you left them on and, of course, you didn't. Somebody please tell me if I can fix this problem myself.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 202007

Sable SE 3.0

People I know really like these Mercury sables, but I find that they are "dare I say it" all LEMONS!!! I have dealt with transmission problems, expensive parts, electrical problems and after all of this there are always other things waiting in the wings to deal with.

Sables suck. If it seems like a good deal at the lot for something relatively spacious and luxurious, please hesitate on the purchase because you will pay down the road if your car is anything like my 97 SE.

- , Ottawa, Ontario, Canada