1998 Mercury Sable electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercury Sable:

1998 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jul 161999

Sable

Manufacturer refuses to investigate air bag defect, along with the other problems. However, I am concern about driving around in a vehicle I thought was safe. Me and my children could have lost our lives to that 18 wheel truck. The truck struck both the fron and rear of my 1998 Sable and the bags did not deploy. Ford Consumer Affairs department stated to me that the vehicle was never on a call back and the manufacturer warranty expired. I had an extended warranty on my car at the time of the accident. I had this car tested when I first purchased it. It had some electrical and engine problems of which I held on to the invoices. I feel that the manufacturer is responsible for this defect. It undetermine if the car was defective at the time of purchase. But I can say it had electrical problems. Which may have affected the air bag sensors.

- St. Louis, MO, USA