8.0

1. flush heater core (2 reports)
1999 Mercury Sable AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mercury Sable:

1999 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Oct 152014

Sable LS 3.0L

I love my car and its been sitting im my yard every winter because it haas no heat. we have flushed the heating core changed the thermostat 4 times only thing we haven't done is change heating core because it's to damb exspensive i have to bother ppl for rides all winter cuz this damb car has no flippin heat.There should be a recall done cuz their are lots of them with out heat and people are just dumping them in the junk yards for scrap.

- , w yarmouth, MA, USA

Oct 162008

Sable GS 3.0L

ford / mercury must have a reason for a by pass hose around the heater core but as a plumber I can't see it purpose exept to make a bigger problem from a smaller one $$$$$$$

- , Pennsauken, NJ, USA

Feb 172007

Sable GS 3.0

I bought this car new and about 2 years old started having the problem NO HEAT. I flushed the system numerous times, replaced thermostat 4 times, water pump, heater core, verified all heater controls are working, this winter is the worst ever I used to be able to flush the heater core to get some heat when this didn't work anymore I replaced the heater core fjhrjhfj!!!!!!! Still no damn heat, my wife is pissed 2 degrees in the morning snow and ice and no way to defrost the windows, did I mention she drives 50 miles to work. I used to work at a ford dealership as a line mechanic but this is a pain in the ass to get fixed.

- , Ottawa, KS, USA