1999 Mercury Sable transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mercury Sable:

1999 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Oct 292015

Sable ES 3.0L V6

It runs good but after starting I have to begin in low and progressively upshift to drive. Overdrive not working but reverse is. I think it is an electrical issue. Also, my battery seems to drain fast. I had a KID install a stereo before the prob and I think he may have done something. It runs fine once I get it to drive 3rd gear. Any help is appreciated!

- , West Allis, WI, USA

Jun 022015

Sable ES 3.0L V6

Have to start in low and work my way to third (when od lite goes on). When I start in drive it's like it's in low. Reverse works but I think it's electrical. HELP!

- , West Allis, WI, USA