NHTSA — Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System Problems

2002 Mercury Sable accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Sable:

2002 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Nov 092008

I haven't had my 2002 Mercury Sable for more than a year a the heater just suddenly went out! I have no idea why but I heard that there was a recall on these thing is that true I M still paying on this car also!

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Mar 052003

Sable 6-cyl

The contact stated defrosted blower motor malfunctioned. While driving the blower stopped working and will not work to defrost the windows. The vehicle was taken to a certified dealership for inspection twice. However, no repairs were made by the dealer because of the excessive cost. She made one temporary repair. Currently, she ordered the part and was waiting for its arrival so she could repair the problem herself.

- Cherryville, NC, USA

Aug 302005

Sable 6-cyl

We have a lot of humidity here where I live, and I needed to use the defrost mode on my 2002 Mercury Sable with 41K miles, but I wasn't able to get warm air to come out. I tried a few different days before I reported it to my dealer for service. When I took it in, the mechanic replaced the thermostat and gasket and the blend air door motor. It cost me $237. I tried it the next morning--no defrost. They had to order another motor.

- Arthur, IA, USA