8.0

1. replaced the torque converter (1 reports)
2002 Mercury Sable drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Sable:

2002 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Nov 172012

Sable LS 24 valve

While on vacation the car lost power on the highway and I coasted to a stop on a Saturday night, 1,000 miles from home in an area of no cell phone coverage. Since I was stuck in a hotel for two nights after having the car towed, I got online and found this site. Thanks, Monday morning I knew about as much as the dealership and they replace one of these per week. So why is Ford sticking it to us. I have owned four of this model car, two Taurus, two Sables, this is my first problem, but it looks like a common problem otherwise. I am thankful the dealership was reputable and only replaced the torque converter and did not try to stick me with a new transmission. Cost of the repair was $866, they could not find a Ford part for we used a $170 after market rebuild.

Hope this helps someone else, this is a real pain when it happens.....

- , Traverse City, MI, USA