6.7

2. replaced spark plug wires and fuel filter (1 reports)
2002 Mercury Sable engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Sable:

2002 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Feb 022010

Sable GS 3.0L

It is amazing that an American made car will have so many problems. In the last 8 months, I have had to replaced the alternator, starter and battery, brakes, shocks, spark plug wires, fuel filter and I think that's it. It's enough. It took 3 mechanics to figure out the problem and I only hope that this is it. The economy is not such that I can afford to keep doing this.

- , West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Oct 202008

Sable GS 3.0L

have talked to many people and i can not figure out what the problem is my gas mileage has when from 28 to 17 i can't afford to drive. there is no check engine light comin on and i am at a loss if anyone has had this problem or know what it might be please email me at j.lawrence13@yahoo.com

- , Louisville, OH, USA

Jan 062007

Sable 3.0 DOHC V6

Continues to run rough idle and poor acceleration after dealer installed new plugs and plug wires (recom of engine computer diagnostic). Check engine light went on within days after plug/wire repair but no improvement in rough idle or accel. What else do I need to repair? Co-worker had simlar issue with an Audi and replacement of the ignition coil fixed it. Can the ignition coil be tested before I replace (costs another $124+ labor)?

- , Beverly Shores, IN, USA