2003 Mercury Sable suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercury Sable:

2003 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jul 252009

Sable

Car was off road in need of auto insurance and battery -- stored in garage -- went to move it to new location pulled out of the garage and BOOM!! What the hell?? the front springs broke in half (still shiny metal, I might add) and sheared my two front tires in half. I thank God I wasn't on road doing 60 or more....my son is always with me and I highly doubt we would've survived....my only regret is not to have pictures. Brought to dealer (JackByrnes, Mechanicville, NY) & they said no they would not cover it....this has only been brought to their attention in older models. The repair cost $500+ (THAT'S with buying the tires from Walmart and $50 save) not to mention the $60 initial tow job. My ex (who is a co-signor) also went down thinking it would make a difference and they might cover the cost....but no luck. I'm currently on disability and money is a definite hardship.....I will be sure to keep my receipts for the repair.

- , Mechanicville, NY, USA