2.3

2005 Mercury Sable brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Sable:

2005 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jan 082016

Sable

Purchase vehicle used in June of 2015, one repair after another. Owned 1yr and here are repairs that we have had to do: Drain plug replaced, trans filter, additive & fluid, re-built transmission, fluid, replace rear brake shoes, replace valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, egr sensor. Cost incurred $3,275.20 way more than any car should have in one year! anybody going to reimburse these expenses?

- Cleves, OH, USA

Mar 012013

Sable

While driving the vehicle in neighborhood situations or other situations the vehicle accelerates on its own beyond the on the desired speed this causes the car to be difficult to control and very difficult to stop increases the stopping distance needed to avoid an accident to stop at a red light or stop sign it also causes the engine to race even when placed in neutral. Recently why stop at a stop sign the car was pushing it South forward so hard I had a hard time keeping it stop and it actually moved me beyond the stop sign into a oncoming traffic. Extremely dangerous situation there will B fatalities if this is not corrected. This spontaneous acceleration even allows me to drive up hills without having my foot placed on the gas car will not slow down or stop easily. This started in March and it's happening everyday causing wear and tear on the brakes it makes it difficult to steer and I am in fear while driving. I've now started to drive with the brakes on 100 percent of the time in order to keep the car at a controllable speed I've read other complaints on mine similar to this I believe it's a known issue and I'm hoping for a speedy recall by Ford to correct the cause. Since this is a known issue and and I think they linked it to either the accelerator cables or the cruise control.while driving in neighborhood traffic at 25 miles an hour the car can accelerate above 50 very dangerous!!!!!!

- Bethel Park, PA, USA

Aug 042013

Sable 6-cyl

2005 Mercury Sable with only about 60,000 miles car accelerates by itself nearly causing an accident. The acceleration is so strong that it overpowers the brakes and happens while driving at any speed. The only way to stop the car is to shift to neutral and hope for the best. Ford dealership said it was a faulty speed control line which they want nearly $500 to replace.

- Westland, MI, USA

Nov 062012

Sable 6-cyl

I was driving 25 miles an hour with my children down the road for the start of a long trip and the car accelerated on its own and I had to use my brakes to not hit anything or run a red light. This has been continuous since that day and I can tell it has done damage to my brakes. They will have to be fixed but if this continues I'm afraid there will be an accident.

- Escanaba, MI, USA