2.1

2005 Mercury Sable engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Sable:

2005 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

Jan 082016

Sable

Purchase vehicle used in June of 2015, one repair after another. Owned 1yr and here are repairs that we have had to do: Drain plug replaced, trans filter, additive & fluid, re-built transmission, fluid, replace rear brake shoes, replace valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, egr sensor. Cost incurred $3,275.20 way more than any car should have in one year! anybody going to reimburse these expenses?

- Cleves, OH, USA

Mar 032015

Sable 6-cyl

This 2005 Mercury Sable (ls premium) just fell out of gear as I was on the road. Totally out of the blue with no warning whatsoever. I know now the transmission must be replaced for upwards of $1800. This car has just 30,000 miles on it. I find it completely unacceptable for a mildly driven car, owned by an elderly woman, should fail so badly after only 30,000 miles. This seems to be a common occurrence with this particular transmission also involving the Ford Taurus and the Windstar...which I understand was recalled. This particular transmission is known to fail prematurely and without notice. This is an accident waiting to happen and I hope this is taken seriously. This is a defect that is way too common in these models and I will be looking into legal recourse against any and all involved. Please check into this unfortunate public safety hazard. Thank-you.

- Rotonda, FL, USA

Aug 142014

Sable

I was driving along and all of a sudden my car begin to accelerate on it's on. The engine was revving and when I went to apply the brakes the car didn't at first slow down. When I finally reached home and put the car in park the engine was still revving as if I was stepping on the gas. It was very scary and intimidating. The same identical thing happened to my husband when I asked him to drive the car around the block.

- Conshohocken, PA, USA

Jul 042012

Sable 6-cyl

Mercury Sable tends to suddenly accelerate and lurge forward even with the foot on the brake.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA