2.2

2005 Mercury Sable miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Sable:

2005 Mercury Sable Owner Comments

May 312014

Sable 6-cyl

This was the third incident in which the car stopped on me. (one other time when I was leaving my apartment and one Wednesday evening on my way to bible study; both times had to coast to the road side and try and get it to start again). The third time I was driving down the highway at the speed limit of 40 mph. The car's dash board lite up; gave me one message that said "low pressure. The steering wheel locked and the gas pedal locked; I was able to coast to the side before it completed locked up and stopped one me. Had my year old grandson in the car with me. I let the car sit for a while and was able to get it started again. Drove it back to my apartment and parked it. Have not driven it since then - had it towed to a repair shop where it is right now - they want too much to have it repaired; they say there is a problem with the cylinder inside the ignition and that I also need a new key - want $1200 to repair it. I have been having problems trying to get it to started for about the past 6 months - have taken it to several repair shops; paid them but no one has solved the issue. Ford states that my car is not included in the recall (or though one lady there said it was). I believe that if it isn't, it should me. Is there anything else I can do to get this issue solved? has cost me lots of money, time and frustration and I am still walking.

- Hyattsville, MD, USA