3.5

1998 Mercury Tracer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercury Tracer:

1998 Mercury Tracer Owner Comments

Dec 082004

Tracer 4-cyl

While driving the horn started blowing and I had to take the fues out to stop it.

- Princeton , TX, USA

Feb 122003

Tracer

The horn started blowing on its on.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Feb 181999

Tracer

I reported this problem twice to cortese. The horn will not sound unless you press really hard on the horn icon. Cortese told me that they checked other Tracers on the lot and quoting now "that's just the way they are". they said to quote "press really hard on the horn icon" I feel this is unsafe. If I need to warn an oncoming car in a potential accident situation I would be unable to do so. I feel there must be away for Mercury to retro fit another horn somehow. Cortese also said part of the problem was due to the airbag being just underneath the horn.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Mar 301998

Tracer

Horn difficult to activate due to design.

- Cleveland, OH, USA