4.0

1999 Mercury Villager fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mercury Villager:

1999 Mercury Villager Owner Comments

Oct 142010

Villager

My mother loves this van, she is the primary driver! On day she asked me too take her van to Home Depot too get potting soil and some gardining tools so I said fine. pulled out the drive way went down the street and stopped at a stop sign and the game began. Stepped on the gas nothing happen, did this twice and the same thing. Now I'm getting mad stomped on the gas and about gave myself whiplash as the van takes off.Drive about two miles and traffic light turns red. yeah you guessed it same thing. Once I finally arrive at Home depot I call my mother and she says It's been doing that for over a year! ( Ah,so why, haven't you said something?) She says " I need my van and I don't want it in the shop for days waiting for someone to fix everything except what i took it there for." I think it's the cable but she says dont worry about it, it's fine. Yeah it runs great once you get moving she's killing me!

- , Oxon Hill, MD, USA