CarComplaints.com Notes: Power steering problems are a major issue with the 2005 Mini Cooper, with hundreds of owners reporting complaints to the NHTSA about their power steering suddenly failing while driving.

Some power steering failures have caused crashes & injuries. Average mileage at failure is well under 100,000 miles & the repair cost is over $1,000. Not good.

1.9

2005 Mini Cooper lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mini Cooper:

2005 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Aug 222012

Cooper

The passenger air bag weight sensor stop working. As a result my vehicle displays a warning that the passenger side air bags are off. My driver side fog light housing melted and crack apart. I used stock 55W halogen bulbs. My passenger side fog light housing has also begun to melt. My power steering is not leaking now. But it has been replaced 3 times.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

May 302012

Cooper 4-cyl

All bulbs are good but yet I have no brake lights are turning signals top brake light is all I have when I turn on signals windows go down sunroof opens.

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA