2007 Mini Cooper accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mini Cooper:

2007 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Apr 182016

I was informed by my MINIservice department that the passenger side air bag sensor located under the passenger seat was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced. This exact part has been the cause of a recall for minis made the same year as mine, but my car is not included in the recall. This is obviously the same problem that generated the recall. I cannot afford to make this repair myself, and neither the MINIdealer nor MINIcorporate has been helpful in resolving this issue. I feel that my car should be included in this recall and therefore should be repaired at no cost to me. I'd like to request that my car be included in the recall officially, so that I can complete these repairs. Otherwise, I risk driving unsafely, without the function of the passenger side airbag.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Feb 012016

Passenger airbag warning light is illuminated and cannot be fixed. Paasenger seat weight wiring harness is defective. The replacement parts cannot be purchased (6 month backlist). This is a very dangerous defect.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 262014

Air bag light turned on. Performed a fault survey and found there is 1 related fault code in the mrs control unit. Passenger seat occupancy sensor, not currently present, occurred 12 times. Need to replace the seat occupancy sensor and re program the mrs control unit. Total replacement cost: $1,164.47 called MINIheadquarters and was told there was no warranty or recall for my specific car. However, they told me that the 2005, 2006 MINIcooper had a recall for the seat sensor. This is a major problem and should be recalled for the 2007 model as well.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Feb 102015

Cooper 4-cyl

The passenger seat has a pressure mat built into that has failed and it is causing the SRS/airbag light to stay lit. This is turning off the passenger side airbag off which causes the passenger to not have airbag protection. This is a very common problem on all 2005 up MINICoopers.

- Altha, FL, USA

Jul 052014

"passenger airbag off" indicator turns on while driving and remains on for the duration of the drive. Passenger seat was occupied by a passenger weighing approx 195 pounds with seat belt properly fastened. There is no way to manually turn on the passenger airbag and bypass the seat sensor. This is a known issue with the MINICooper and is discussed on online enthusiast forums, with MINIusa dealerships charging from $1,100 to $1,400 to replace the entire passenger seat. MINIusa dealers state that the issue is an electrical issue with the seat sensor and the entire seat must be replaced. For how little the passenger seat is used in my vehicle, in my opinion this is a defect and not a wear-and-tear issue.

- San Mateo, CA, USA