2007 Mini Cooper engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mini Cooper:

2007 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Aug 122010

The wall next to the accelerator pedal is extremely hot to the point it can burn your foot. This is caused by the ac heater components when driving and running the air conditioner. The MINIcooper dealer does not have a fix. The only fix they had was a two inch insulated tube for the coil pipe. This did not fix the problem and they have no other solution. I have to be very careful not to burn myself.

- Lanett, AL, USA

Aug 102007

Cooper 4-cyl

Under normal driving conditions, the car's center pillar area (directly adjacent to the gas pedal) reaches average temperatures of 115-120 degrees. I have burned myself on this area while wearing shorts, leaving a red welt. I've also jerked my foot from the gas pedal on several occasions when the hot surface catches me by surprise.

- Canton, GA, USA