3.5

2007 Mini Cooper windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mini Cooper:

2007 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Dec 192011

Cooper 4-cyl

I have had previous issues with the panoramic sunroof, I had to get it replaced. Then I had issues with the chain and chain tensioner and had to get that replaced too. Now the steering has failed on me, I can't start the car or even move the steering wheel. My steering is locked now; I had the car running, everything seemed to run fine and the steering worked fine. Once I shut the car off I couldn't start the car back up and my steering locked up. I had to get my car towed home. I wish BMW would do some kind of a recall on this car so we wouldn't have to pay so much money out of our own pockets!

- Plain City, OH, USA

Sep 162008

Cooper

Several weeks ago I found a crack in windshield of 2007 MINICooper S on passenger side below wiper. I had the windshield replaced and car was returned to me on Sept. 10th. On Sept. 16 I found another crack in the new glass in approximately same spot! after looking on internet I found that stress cracking of the windshield is a common problem with this car. Anyway, the dealer claims it is an impact crack and only a coincidence that it occurred in same spot! after arguing they agreed to replace the windshield at their cost--as a courtesy. I was not aware of anything hitting the windshield and even if a small pebble hit--the windshield should not crack so easily.

- Greenwich, CT, USA