2.6

2009 Mini Cooper steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mini Cooper:

2009 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Dec 282015

Cooper

The car's electric power steering module failed (apparently shorted out), and upon attempting to evaluate the issue the unit will spark and even catch fire. It has melted several of the wiring components in my car, and has adversely affected at least my ABS system and my tire pressure sensor. MINIcooper of escondido inspected the damage and deemed that I needed to replace the eps unit and the steering rack, but they are not willing to cover the costs of replacement.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Mar 032014

Cooper

I noticed power steering fluid on my driver side floor mats. I checked underneath and noticed that is was dripping from my wiring harness. I called alexander MINICooper and they told me to take it to a mechanic to check out the problem and if they couldn't fix it to bring it in and have it diagnosed for $180. They said that they have never heard of the problem but I believe it is a faulty power steering pump on my car. Can you assist me with any recall information so that I can get this repaired.

- Parount , CA, USA

Jan 012011

Cooper

The contact owns a 2009 MINICooper. The contact stated that while reversing, the power steering warning light illuminated. The failure was experienced numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where a diagnostic was performed. The failure was located at the power steering electrical column, which would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 45,000.

- Catawba, NY, USA