2010 Mini Cooper fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mini Cooper:

2010 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Oct 172015

Purchased car April 2014 w 46,000 miles. Warranty history showed valve gasket replaced. At 64000 miles dealer says it needs to be replaced again. Not told at purchase - at MINIdlr - that car consumes a quart of oil every 700 miles which I was just told by local servicing dealer that they consider that normal. Leak at gasket contributes to air infiltration and poor oil consumption I was told. I would not have purchased the car knowing this. It adds considerably to the operating costs. After telling servicing dlr this weekend that I knew the car had already had valve cover gasket replaced, he said he would cover 75% of over $800 cost. He obviously knew that it didn't or shouldn't need that work so soon after being done. The MINIdealers are thieves and withhold vital information. The strut mount apparently is also "domed" which speaks to structural integrity of this car. I would never recommend a MINIto anyone and feel their practices are completely unethical and the build quality is substandard to what is considered normal. Who needs to have the valve cover gaskets replaced twice in under 65,000 miles" who has to go and buy oil every month and a half" the last car I owned that needed that was a 20 year old 1975 Pontiac with over 100K. Miles. Garbage.

- Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, USA

Oct 132015

Miss fuction with high pressure fuel pump, every morning I have problems to start up my MINILoss of power result from this miss fuction which represent a dangerous situation on a highway by not having the power to react to any situation. I tooked to local dealer and they gave me a list of possible solutions, including to change the high presure fuel pump. Now I had been searching for other owners if they have experienced the same problem and I did found out that there are several blogs talking about this issue. I am concern about my safety and my family dafety when they drive with me. Pleaes contact me if you need more details on this issue. (915) 549-5663 I do not unders stand why MINIBMW continues not accepting this is a manufacturing problem, hope no body get hurt as a result.

- El Paso, TX, USA