3.4

2011 Mini Cooper miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mini Cooper:

2011 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Nov 032015

Cooper

My vehicle started experiencing mechanical issues at 78000 miles. These issues included the water pump, thermostat housing and most concerning the passenger airbag system. I was able to afford the out of pocket expenses for the thermostat and water pump which was around 2500$ I later got a letter about the water pump regarding a class action. Which I'm hoping to be reimbursed for. So the airbag... =(..I've made several attempts to have MINIwillingly look into the complaint with the airbag system. I cannot get a reasonable response from them regarding my complaint. I am directed to go to my local MINIdealer. When having the other repairs done they would not permanently enable the airbag system but could "look" at it for 125$ since others have quoted this repair costing upwards of 2000$ I declined. I had to pay for the other repairs. Many other vehicles have an over ride for this being a key. I don't understand why this isn't being addressed with previous recalls and many consumer complaints. The passenger airbag system comes on and off intermittently as described in other complaints. I'm only adding my complaint in hopes that it helps myself and others resolve the issue. I want to also note that I purchased several warranties with this vehicle. Which were not honored and cannot get a refund for. One warranty included damage to the seats and would be repaired. I feel like these warranties should be reimbursed since no work is being done in regards to all the issues I've had.

- Bardstown, KY, USA

Mar 162016

Cooper

Drove car about 4 miles. Parked at shopping center, turned off car and locked it. Returned 15 mins later to find flames in engine compartment!

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA