9.8

2013 Mini Cooper accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mini Cooper:

2013 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Oct 312012

Cooper 4-cyl

From initial delivery the speedometer indicates a speed that is 8% over actual. I have filed several complaints with MINIto get this corrected. They tell me they have been trying to correct the problem since the introduction of the 2010 model. In order to accurately monitor my speed, I use an app on my iphone that uses gps to display actual speed. When using the iphone for this purpose, I place it on the dash. My concern is that the iphone can be a distraction and thus a safety hazard. I suspect other drivers are using this or other methods to monitor their actual speed.

- Sun Lakes, AZ, USA