3.7

2013 Mini Cooper drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mini Cooper:

2013 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Sep 242013

Cooper 4-cyl

I just bought a brand new 2013 MINICooper last year on November 2012. Sometime during last week September 18, 2013, I drove home from work turn off my car but the key wouldn't release. I have to press many times for it to release. The next day heading out to work, start the car but the gear shift got stuck. It wouldn't shift to reverse. I call the dealer to make an appointment to see what's wrong with the car. The MINIdealer called to notify that they will need to stay overnight as if they said they are waiting for one part to come in. The next day the dealer call me to advised that coffee had leaked into the gear shifter and cause the failure. And told me it will cause $1,500 for parts and labor to fix it. They told me that the warranty won't cover it, it will come out from my pocket. So I told them not to do anything, that I will come and pick up the car.

- Montclair, CA, USA