9.2

2015 Mini Cooper brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mini Cooper:

2015 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Dec 282015

Cooper

I purchased my MINIcountryman on February 14, 2015 from the local MINIdealership. At approx. 1447miles, 7 month into ownership, I began having trouble when turning on the car (the car was stationary) the warning lights came on for brakes, ABS and traction control and remained on until car was turned of repeatedly or diven for a mile and then turned of. I took my car back to the dealership for repairs on: 10/02/2015 no faults in the electrical system was found and I was asked to return when it reoccurs. 12/03/15 a fault memory and faulty R/F wheel speed sensor was diagnosed, sensor was not in stock. 12/04/15 I returned with my car to have the faulty wheel speed sensor exchanged. 12/05/15 to 12/10/15 faulty relucter wheel on the R/F wheel hub, wheel speed sensor readings off, signal scoped and R/F wheel hub replaced. 12/28/15 and ongoing. On 1/05/2016 MINIusa has given me verbal assurance that I will get the car replaced with a new MINIof my choosing.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 252015

Cooper

Coming up to an intersection, the car started to slow normally. Then the ABS kicked in and the car did the shudder like when the ABS is active. Then the ABS turned off and the brakes went spongy. The car rolled into the intersection through the stop sign. This happened several more times. We brought the car to MINIof austin in Texas. They couldn't find anything wrong. No codes were thrown. My wife too the car back, and drive back to salt lake city, Utah. She experienced subsequent identical brake failures. We took the car into MINIof murray. They have had the car a month, and cannot duplicate the issue. Corporate MINIwill not authorize any part replacement at all. They want us to take the car back. I don't feel that is a smart or safe idea.

- Washington, DC, USA