2015 Mini Cooper brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mini Cooper:

2015 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Nov 302016

Cooper

I made a right turn from the main street, into the parking lot of a strip mall, then an immediate left turn, and another right turn into the right angle parking slot. All the while having my foot on the brakes, I started to shift into park, when it was in the right spot. The MINIinstead coming to a stop, revved up, jumped the curb and hit the store in the front. The air bags deployed. I had my foot on the brakes really hard, all the time but the brake pedals were locked up. It would not move up or down. Sat hard on the floor! when the tow truck came, the brakes were still locked up and the gear was in park and couldn't be moved from there. The seat belts couldn't be retracted either. MINIengineer claims that there is nothing wrong with the car and I can safely drive it after the body is repaired. I am having a difficult time with this conclusion. The car's brakes and gear were locked up, and had to be lifted on a flatbed and taken to the repair shop; I still maintain something within the car malfunctioned.

- Racine, WI, USA

Dec 282015

Cooper

I purchased my MINIcountryman on February 14, 2015 from the local MINIdealership. At approx. 1447miles, 7 month into ownership, I began having trouble when turning on the car (the car was stationary) the warning lights came on for brakes, ABS and traction control and remained on until car was turned of repeatedly or diven for a mile and then turned of. I took my car back to the dealership for repairs on: 10/02/2015 no faults in the electrical system was found and I was asked to return when it reoccurs. 12/03/15 a fault memory and faulty R/F wheel speed sensor was diagnosed, sensor was not in stock. 12/04/15 I returned with my car to have the faulty wheel speed sensor exchanged. 12/05/15 to 12/10/15 faulty relucter wheel on the R/F wheel hub, wheel speed sensor readings off, signal scoped and R/F wheel hub replaced. 12/28/15 and ongoing. On 1/05/2016 MINIusa has given me verbal assurance that I will get the car replaced with a new MINIof my choosing.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 252015

Cooper

Coming up to an intersection, the car started to slow normally. Then the ABS kicked in and the car did the shudder like when the ABS is active. Then the ABS turned off and the brakes went spongy. The car rolled into the intersection through the stop sign. This happened several more times. We brought the car to MINIof austin in Texas. They couldn't find anything wrong. No codes were thrown. My wife too the car back, and drive back to salt lake city, Utah. She experienced subsequent identical brake failures. We took the car into MINIof murray. They have had the car a month, and cannot duplicate the issue. Corporate MINIwill not authorize any part replacement at all. They want us to take the car back. I don't feel that is a smart or safe idea.

- Washington, DC, USA