2015 Mini Cooper electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mini Cooper:

2015 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Jan 272016

Cooper

The service manager informed me that standing water from the cup holder had spilled down into the shifter control box and ruined the assembly. Furthermore, because this was deemed to be ¿external forces¿ the repair would not be covered under warranty and will cost me over $1100 to fix it. I couldn¿T imagine that I have had 'standing water¿ in my cupholder, and that this water could have somehow damaged a shifter control box that should have been sealed int the first place. With further research I found that this is a common problem with the MINIas the cup holders have two screws in the bottom that allow for leakage directly into the shifter control box that is placed directly under it. It seems to me that this is a design flaw with the MINI1. the cup holder leaks, 2. the shifter control box is located directly under this potential leak, and 3. the shifter control box is not sealed. I spoke with both my service manager at MINIof murry in salt lake city as well as two customer service representatives (1866- ask-MINIwho informed me that there would be no resolution with this matter and that I would indeed have to pay out of pocket for the repair. My MINIhas less than 16,000 miles on it, and I am extremely concerned with the design flaw of this car. Clearly if there is a leak in a cup (from the teeth of the cupholder!) that could damage the shifter control, this could lead to a very dangerous situation while driving.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Dec 282015

Cooper

I purchased my MINIcountryman on February 14, 2015 from the local MINIdealership. At approx. 1447miles, 7 month into ownership, I began having trouble when turning on the car (the car was stationary) the warning lights came on for brakes, ABS and traction control and remained on until car was turned of repeatedly or diven for a mile and then turned of. I took my car back to the dealership for repairs on: 10/02/2015 no faults in the electrical system was found and I was asked to return when it reoccurs. 12/03/15 a fault memory and faulty R/F wheel speed sensor was diagnosed, sensor was not in stock. 12/04/15 I returned with my car to have the faulty wheel speed sensor exchanged. 12/05/15 to 12/10/15 faulty relucter wheel on the R/F wheel hub, wheel speed sensor readings off, signal scoped and R/F wheel hub replaced. 12/28/15 and ongoing. On 1/05/2016 MINIusa has given me verbal assurance that I will get the car replaced with a new MINIof my choosing.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Aug 042015

Cooper

My 2015 MINICooper 4 door hardtop was parked in my garage. I started it but had not put it into gear yet. I opened the door and got out (car didn't budge) and as I walked back towards the rear, the car lurched out of park and reversed which caused it to pin me in between the car and the garage beam as it continued to roll quickly backwards as if someone was accelerating. When contacting MINIthey had one of their inspectors come (no documentation provided to me). I was called (again no documentation) and told that the engineer found no fault in the transmission or electrical system and that this was not a defect. They have since been unresponsive with providing documentation, haven't been ale to acquire parts to fix my damaged vehicle and refuse to acknowledge that there is something wrong with selling a car that can kill people and to not have parts for 4 months! I had my car for a total of 2 months total drive time. It's been in the shop for 4 months with no resolution in sight.

- Austin, TX, USA