2015 Mini Cooper engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mini Cooper:

2015 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Aug 312016

Cooper

When I took my car in for its first service I was told that the entire engine needed to be replaced due to a recall. I have not been able to locate any such recall. I have found this entire experience to be very unusual.

- Ashland, AL, USA

Jun 202015

Cooper

The contact owns a 2015 MINICooper. While driving at a low speed, the contact noticed an abnormal odor coming from the air vents. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the odor was coming from the micro filters in the air conditioner. The technician also diagnosed that the air conditioning system needed to be cleaned. The vehicle was repaired multiple times; however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,670.

- Ferris, TX, USA

Aug 042015

Cooper

My 2015 MINICooper 4 door hardtop was parked in my garage. I started it but had not put it into gear yet. I opened the door and got out (car didn't budge) and as I walked back towards the rear, the car lurched out of park and reversed which caused it to pin me in between the car and the garage beam as it continued to roll quickly backwards as if someone was accelerating. When contacting MINIthey had one of their inspectors come (no documentation provided to me). I was called (again no documentation) and told that the engineer found no fault in the transmission or electrical system and that this was not a defect. They have since been unresponsive with providing documentation, haven't been ale to acquire parts to fix my damaged vehicle and refuse to acknowledge that there is something wrong with selling a car that can kill people and to not have parts for 4 months! I had my car for a total of 2 months total drive time. It's been in the shop for 4 months with no resolution in sight.

- Austin, TX, USA