2015 Mini Cooper engine NHTSA complaints: Engine

NHTSA — Engine Problems

2015 Mini Cooper engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mini Cooper:

2015 Mini Cooper Owner Comments

Nov 302016

Cooper

I made a right turn from the main street, into the parking lot of a strip mall, then an immediate left turn, and another right turn into the right angle parking slot. All the while having my foot on the brakes, I started to shift into park, when it was in the right spot. The MINIinstead coming to a stop, revved up, jumped the curb and hit the store in the front. The air bags deployed. I had my foot on the brakes really hard, all the time but the brake pedals were locked up. It would not move up or down. Sat hard on the floor! when the tow truck came, the brakes were still locked up and the gear was in park and couldn't be moved from there. The seat belts couldn't be retracted either. MINIengineer claims that there is nothing wrong with the car and I can safely drive it after the body is repaired. I am having a difficult time with this conclusion. The car's brakes and gear were locked up, and had to be lifted on a flatbed and taken to the repair shop; I still maintain something within the car malfunctioned.

- Racine, WI, USA

Aug 312016

Cooper

When I took my car in for its first service I was told that the entire engine needed to be replaced due to a recall. I have not been able to locate any such recall. I have found this entire experience to be very unusual.

- Ashland, AL, USA

Jun 202015

Cooper

The contact owns a 2015 MINICooper. While driving at a low speed, the contact noticed an abnormal odor coming from the air vents. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the odor was coming from the micro filters in the air conditioner. The technician also diagnosed that the air conditioning system needed to be cleaned. The vehicle was repaired multiple times; however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,670.

- Ferris, TX, USA

Aug 042015

Cooper

My 2015 MINICooper 4 door hardtop was parked in my garage. I started it but had not put it into gear yet. I opened the door and got out (car didn't budge) and as I walked back towards the rear, the car lurched out of park and reversed which caused it to pin me in between the car and the garage beam as it continued to roll quickly backwards as if someone was accelerating. When contacting MINIthey had one of their inspectors come (no documentation provided to me). I was called (again no documentation) and told that the engineer found no fault in the transmission or electrical system and that this was not a defect. They have since been unresponsive with providing documentation, haven't been ale to acquire parts to fix my damaged vehicle and refuse to acknowledge that there is something wrong with selling a car that can kill people and to not have parts for 4 months! I had my car for a total of 2 months total drive time. It's been in the shop for 4 months with no resolution in sight.

- Austin, TX, USA