2008 Mini Cooper S accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mini Cooper S:

2008 Mini Cooper S Owner Comments

Feb 012012

Cooper S 4-cyl

My passenger side seat, which has a weight-sensor to determine air-bag operation (on/off, full force, partial force) is faulty, and with a 110 lb person seated in there, the sensor still believes the person weighs below 25 lbs, and as such, disables the airbag. This is concerning to me as I drive with a passenger much of the time, and most of the time the airbag is disabled. This seems like a safety-recall issue to me. I have also done much research through the vehicle make forums scattered through the internet and found that this issue exists on many other vehicles of the same generation. Thank you.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jan 282011

Cooper S 4-cyl

The seat heaters in my 2008 MINIcooper S get way too hot. They have two temperature settings (one is hotter than the other) and either one gets too hot and you have to turn off the heater. If you don't turn it off it will continue to heat until it burns you. I believe this is a safety issue and I am certain that without turning the heater off the passenger could be burned and/or the wiring to the heater could melt or catch on fire. This is a known problem with BMW/MINIand they have attempted to fix it via a wiring harness installed in-line with the heater to control the voltage, but this fix didn't work on my car. This should be considered for a recall due to safety.

- Douglasville, GA, USA