2003 Mitsubishi Diamante brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante:

2003 Mitsubishi Diamante Owner Comments

Sep 012005

Car shakes when brakes are applied. Had brakes & rotors replaced at 50,000 miles. Mechanic said rotors were too damaged to turn. After 6 months and 20,000 miles, the car is shaking again when braking. Took back to mechanic, who checked the rotors and said they need to be turned. I own a 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante, and that car does not need the rotors replaced every time I replace the brake pads. My driving is mostly highway, so I don't use these brakes much.

- New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA

Apr 012004

When I apply the brakes, the car shakes and jerks uncontrollably. I have had work done on the rotors as well as the brakes. I have four new tires, but problem still occurs. I am afraid that one day while driving this car the brakes will fail and cause my family and I serious injury. This is a 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante, and the incidents have occurred daily 3 months after I purchased the vehicle.

- Eutaw, AL, USA