1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Oct 252002

The car just stopped moving in the middle of a highway and their was no wierd sounds to forwarn me of anything! this happened in January 2001 and the dealer said it was the clutch. The dealer was rude/mean, but then I called Mitsubishi motors and they told the dealer to change the clutch. Here it is 22 months later, 10/2002, and the clutch is going out again the dealer is telling me. The dealers service women told me I must be a bad driver, and I told her I've drove sticks for 23 years and never had to replace a clutch before, let alone 2 clutches! something is wrong with this car! 2nd problem they said and my title shows the car to be a 1998, yet the original sticker on the body around the door says manufactured in the usa in 1997.

- Whiteland, IN, USA