1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

May 012002

Eclipse

I was sold this car as a Mitsubishi, it has a Chrysler engine one step up from a neon. If I would have wanted a neon by Chrysler I would have purchased 2 for the price I paid for my Eclipse. The lower bearings went out. I have extended warranty. At 68,000 miles the radiator cracked, computer and alternater went out causing my car to overheat immediately and the engine wouldn't restart until it had cooled. Was hard to restart. It had slick 50 treatments 4 times during its life. It also has had 3 faulty clutches.

- Seminole, FL, USA