2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Dec 102006

Eclipse 4-cyl

Front right brake rotor keeps warping. Replaced with new one once while car still under warranty; same one (area) warped again with in 1 yr of 1st time, had resurfaced, now within less than three months it is warped again. It is not the way I drive, I have been driving for 25 years & I have never had a warped rotor on any car I have owned & I had a camaro for 6 years & had 140,000, & no warped rotor! why is it the same one every time? I have taken it to the dealer & even they can't find out why the same one gets warped. It has been suggested by a very experienced brake specialist that the rotor was defective in manufacturing, which the metal was cast with imputrities causing thin & think places that with any heat wear unevenly, causing warpage. Makes sense. My car is out of warranty nor but I only have 41,000 on it, and I only go to and from work which is only 8 miles from home with only two stops signs. There is not much useage of my brakes, not enough to continue to replace the same rotor! there are numerous websites about Mitsubishi cars & problems that sound exactly like mine, so I know I am not the only one, but Mitsubishi wants to blame the drivers for making bad or sudden stops or riding breaks, instead of addressing this problem. If I had this problem with any of the 8 cars I have owned in my lieftime, then yes maybe it might be my driving, but never till this car have I had a rotor issue.

- Benbrook, TX, USA