2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Oct 102002

Eclipse 6-cyl

Hi, I bought my Eclipse in September 2003 and a month later one of my external fog lights broke without any reason, I went to the dealer and told me that must be a rock hitting the fog light and that was not included in the new car warranty, also told me the price for replacement was $160 which it seems to me a ridiculous price for a fog light so I went back thinking was my bad luck it happen to me, now here I am a year and half after the incident with my fog light still broken since I have had not the money to replace it. But now I am seeing a lot owners with the same exact problem that mine and I think those fog lights are defective and should be replaced at not cost to the owner.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 062002

Eclipse 6-cyl

I had the car, about for 5 to 6 months, and one day I was heading out to a friends when I realized that my fog light was busted. I knew I never hit anything of that sort or had anything hit it. I took it to the Mitsubishi dealership and they said a rock might have hit it. I went online to, that is the car club for Eclipse owners and you go under promblem reports and you see that many peoples fog lights have just busted. Even if a rock would have hit it, then it should have with stood it. And most of the complaints say that the Mitsubishi team states that a rock must have hit it. If you could please check on this, thanks.

- Riverview, MI, USA