7.0

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jun 012005

Eclipse 6-cyl

We have a 2003 black Mitsubishi Eclipse. The paint is going bad on all the top areas of the car. The clear coat peeling and it is turning white. I have seen many other black Mitsubishi's like this and have seen other web sites that speak of this. It is unbelievable that in two or three years that a factory paint job from a major car company can go bad this soon and in so many cars. What is worse is that they are not acknowledging the problem exists.

- Mather, CA, USA

Jul 102006

Eclipse 6-cyl

2003 black Mitsubishi Eclipse gts - paint is fading (turning white) on top of car around moonroof area.

- Glasgow, KY, USA

Jan 012005

Eclipse 4-cyl

I am experiencing problems with the corrosion of my paint on my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse; I began experiencing problems in early 2005 (just a little over a year of owning the brand new vehicle.) while my complaint does not involve a safety issue, it does involve false representation of the product and expectations. Several websites contain hundreds of other individuals complaining about the same situation. I have addressed this issue with my Mitsubishi dealer and was turned away since I had exceeded the mileage according to my warranty. I do know that I would not have purchased this vehicle if I knew the paint was so cheaply done or manufactured. I would like to know if there are any recalls on the paint or if there are any class action suits against Mitsubishi. While such items as paint and tires are considered "normal wear and tear", one would not expect their tires to blow out just days after leaving a dealership just as the paint should last until I at least complete the financing period. Again, the expectations of the overall vehicle have not been met, even with normal upkeep of the vehicle. Please let me know of any information that can be offered.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 152003

Eclipse

We bought a 2003 Eclipse from sun coast mis. Right away we complained about the smell of mold. Finally we took the car in on a rainy day and my wife got out of the back seat totally wet. They repaired the problem, but we were back again with the same problem. This last time we took the car in we could smell mold again. They found another leak at the fire wall on the pass. Side. We live 66 miles away from the dealership and they have had our car for repairs over 30 days. We have had other problems with the car like paint chips on the hood, side mirrow had to be replaced, the radio cd had to be fixed and other things.

- Bolivia, NC, USA