9.8

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jun 032005

Eclipse 4-cyl

On second day of ownership I heard a very loud metal cracking sound while sitting in the car preparing to drive. Car was not started or moving). Upon inspection there was no visible defect. About a week later I had an identical experience. This time I noticed a crack in the body seam located on the driver's side door. The door would no longer close properly, and I immediately scheduled a repair appointment. The dealership adjusted the door and assured me that the crack in the frame was only cosmetic. The crack was filled and painted and seems to be holding, but there is a leak in the door that leaves water on the door sill plate every time it rains or I wash the car. I am in the process of having additional repairs for that now.

- Freeland, MI, USA