2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jun 092006

I've had my car (Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006-manual transmission) for just 11K miles, I noticed a vibration in the brakes. I took the car to have it checked out, and I was told it has a rotor problem in the rear, and they need polishing, but the brake pads are fine. Also, I'm being told that this is highly unusual for it to experience this problem at this stage of the car's life cycle. I'm also puzzled as to why this is happening so soon. I have been doing research on this subject on the internet, and it appears I'm not the only one who is experiencing this problem. I think this is indeed a factory defect.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA