2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Mar 152016

Eclipse 4-cyl

The front of my dashboard (the airbag sits behind it) is coming off of my vehicle. It is on the passenger's side. I contacted the Mitsubishi dealer in charleston, SC and he informed me that he had seen numerous vehicles with the same problem (Mitsubishi). I consider this to be a safety hazard because once this piece of material falls off there will be nothing to protect the passenger from the airbag at any time. I was informed it would cost $1,200 to fix. The entire dashboard needs to be replaced. My vehicle doesn't even have 100,000 miles on it yet. I believe that having my vehicle in the condition it is in is very dangerous and Mitsubishi obviously didn't manufacture a good reliable product which is not only deceptive but dangerous. Please help me. Thank you!

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jun 122012

Eclipse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The contact stated that the dashboard became fractured near the passenger's side air bag area, exposing a portion of the air bag. The contact stated that the dashboard was coming unglued. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that it could not be repaired under warranty. The failure mileage was 76,000 and the current mileage was 80,000. Updated 01/29/13

- Visalia, CA, USA