2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Eclipse

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi eclipes gs. That has over 160,000 miles. For the last 9 months or even longer my husband has to push the passenger side dash board down where the airbag is to cover it back. No, I haven't took it to a dealer yet, I figure with the warranty off of the car, the dealer ship would say I have to pay to fix it. I have no money to fix it. So, I'm hoping that someone will read this and tell me that there is a recall on it so, it can be fixed the right way. I hope the passenger side airbag(dash board) works incase of a accident. I'm planning on calling the dealer ship Monday 10/24/2016 to get more information on the problem.

- Stephensport, KY, USA

Oct 292015

Eclipse

The contact owns a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. While driving approximately 50 mph and exiting the expressway, the vehicle struck a bump in the road. The contact depressed the brake pedal as the rear end of the vehicle began to sway back and forth without warning. The contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle spun around several times and crashed into a guardrail, causing damage to the front and rear of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage yard. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Middletown, NJ, USA

May 272015

Eclipse

The contact owned a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The contact stated that the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V337000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact sustained fatal injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Cross Lake, ME, USA

Aug 082015

Eclipse

The contact owns a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. While driving at approximately 30 mph attempting to avoid impacting a dog, the contact swerved to the left and depressed the brake pedal but the brakes failed to engage. As a result, the contact crashed into three trees. The driver and front passenger side air bags did not deploy. The contact mentioned that only the driver side curtain air bag deployed. The driver sustained injuries to the neck and back which required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V337000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed were not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Brandenburg, KY, USA

Apr 212014

Eclipse 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The contact stated that there was an abnormal sound emitted from the brakes after the brakes where applied and released. The contact also indicated that the seat belt and the SRS warning lights would continuously illuminate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,040...updated 08/11/14

- Redding, CA, USA

Sep 042013

Eclipse 4-cyl

My car was hit by a driver who ran a red light while I was making a left hand turn. The point of impact was the passenger side front. The other driver hit me at approximately 60 mph. None of the airbags deployed. Thank god my seat belts worked properly and I escaped the accident with very minor injuries. It is quite a concern the airbags failed. The accident happened yesterday and my insurance company feels it is a total loss. This severe of an accident should have triggered the air bags. I think an investigation should be conducted on 2007 airbags before someone gets killed.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 132008

Eclipse 4-cyl

Me and my wife where recently in a car accident our rolled into a ditch and the airbags on the drivers side and the passengers side did not deploy..I felt like our lives where in danger because of this malfunction.

- Puyallup, WA, USA