2.0

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse:

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Owner Comments

Mar 142014

Eclipse

I have been having problems with the braking system for the last 2 years. When I accelerate the brake light comes on. I checked fluid and everything. I drove it again and had to make not even a sudden stop and the pedal went to the floor board and almost did not stop.I have read all over that there are problems with the same thing on this same model car. Not sure why there is no recall on it yet. I have two small young children and am afraid I one day will not be able to stop. When you press on the brakes there is an air or whistle sound coming from them. The pads and rotors are good and the car is a 2008 with 88,000 miles on it. It has never been hard driven. Not sure what the issue is and if the power brake booster is $139 plus fright charge from out of state and that may or may not be the problem.

- Cuerp, TX, USA