2. replace torque converter (1 reports)
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor:

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Owner Comments

Feb 102015

Endeavor XLS 3.8L V6

So I got the car with people stating how reliable this damn car is. Man was I wrong to listen to them. I definitely should've referred to this website first!!!! Had the same issues with shifting. It would hesitate and the RPMs would waver up and down before shifting. I could accelerate through but with rush hour traffic it became a serious problem for me. Flushed the system first however that only made the problem worse.

Took it to the transmission shop and they said it was most likely the torque converter. $1400 later and I'm still dealing with the headache from this car with other issues that have already been listed. Before purchasing my next vehicle and dumping this piece of garbage at the junk yard or on Craigslist I'll be sure to look up the defects on my next car on this site. Thanks to whoever created this site. It's really worth referring to before signing your life away on a piece of sh*t like this.

- , Corydon, IN, USA

Oct 142011

Endeavor AWD 3.8L

the car vibrates when it shifts into 4th gear. Mostly between 30-40mph when engine is lugging the most. If you increase the rpm's, it tapers off. Also when going up a hill, when engine begins to lug, it vibrates again.

- , Jefferson Township, PA, USA