1997 Mitsubishi Galant electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Mitsubishi Galant:

1997 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Jul 172006

Galant ES

For no apparant reason my vehicle will not start when I turn the key, absolutely no grinding or anything, just dead.... and no warning when it will happen... although when the problem first started the battery/brake light would come on but that doesn't happen anymore.

When the car is jump started it starts right up and runs fine. Sometimes it won't start on every 10th try and sometimes it will be every 30th start. I've had the problem for the last 10,000 miles. I've had mechanics look at it and have replaced all the major parts that could have been the problem. I initially thought it was because of the remote starter that I had installed but have not used that in months and I still have the problem. Other than this problem I love my car but am probabaly going to dump it because I can't live with the lack of reliabilty.

- , Latham, NY, USA