9.8

2001 Mitsubishi Galant miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Sep 072006

Galant 6-cyl

Well I have a black 2001 Mitsubishi Galant gtz. Within the past year I discovered that the top of my hood started getting white spots. After 10 months they small spots spreaded into white blobs on my hood. I soon found out that it was chalking do to a bad clear coat on the vehical. After doing a little research I found very quickly that many friends, coworkers and family were having the exact problem between the model years of 1998 - 2002. This was not only my state it was mutiple places so I knew it wasn't the weather. What can I do to institute a recall on the paint job?

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 072004

Galant 4-cyl

My airconditioning system appears to have some type of defect. Three times in the last year, which is how long I have had the car, the airconditioning has become clogged and the pan fills so that when I turn a corner the water from the pan floods the passenger side of the car. I have had the clog removed twice, but have been told that there is a defect in the way this is made. It should not do this.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Sep 222001

Galant

See my website at www.all-lemons.com for detailed and pictures of the car. Plus visit carsurvey.org/review_32954.html for further information on this vehicle. ****dimsii IVOQ entry posted after 12/12/02 cut-over to artemis****770827

- Cleveland, OH, USA