3.1

2001 Mitsubishi Galant suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Apr 152005

Galant 4-cyl

There is a rattling noise coming from under my car (2001 Mitsubishi Galant). This is a noise that I have never heard before. So I took the car to two different mechanics and was told that the noise is due to a defective suspension rack. My car is only 4 years old and only has 44,500 miles on it. This is a manufacturing defect. I called the Mitsubishi dealership in town and was told that the warranty had expired and that I was out of luck. But this is a major repair (the part is expensive, about $750) and it it not due to wear and tear. A suspension rack is not supposed to break on a 2001 car with only 44,500 miles. Is there anything that can be done? I can pay for the labor but I believe that Mitsubishi is responsible for the damaged part. Thank you. Catherine carlile

- Cedar City, UT, USA