1. mechanic replaced with new bearing (1 reports)
2001 Mitsubishi Galant wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Jan 162008

Galant ES 3.2L V6

Well, folks, it was a real surprise to discover that the left rear wheel bearing on my '01 Mitsu Galant was totally SHOT. This was less than two weeks after purchase and after a so-called passing of inspection in the state of Texas! So much for our inspections here! Are they a joke? Many Texans say "Yes"! However, I have to admit that since then (in fact, throughout the majority of 2008), I have had no other repairs. No worries, just regular maintenance, replacing ALL fluids (not just oil), fully zMaxed it at 95K odometer reading (I doubt the previous owner did this). All in all, I'm glad I bought the THANG, even with that surprise repair almost a year ago in Jan. '08. Would I buy another Mitsu. Galant? You bet!

- , Dickinson, TX, USA