2003 Mitsubishi Lancer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Sep 152006

Lancer 4-cyl

After purchasing my vehicle I noticed two things, one that is troublesome and the other a major inconvenience. One day after stepping out of my vehicle while the vehicle was running with the A/C on I heard a loud rattling sound every time the A/C kicked on. I took it into a dealership while I was having them check my temperature control knob (the other problem) and told them about it. They just put grease on the knob and told me that the A/C is supposed to sound like that. Well, just this last fall my A/C compressor (I think it is the compressor) blew out and started smoking. I thought that the freon was empty but it is not. Is this legitimate for a complaint?

- El Mirage, AZ, USA