2.7

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jan 112016

Lancer

The temperature knob broke easily because it was hard to turn making the defroster impossible to use which is a safety hazard. Furthermore the cruise control was always faulty to begin with but now it isn't even usable. Automatic transmission also loves to lurch into 3rd gear while slowing down at the same time and then jumping back into the speed I was previously going. This issue usually happens at speeds lower than 50 mph.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Nov 012012

Lancer 4-cyl

The heat/ac knob on my 2003 Mitsubishi has been extremely difficult to turn. This is especially hazardous when trying to defrost the windshield. It now does not turn any more and I do not want to force it because I am afraid it will break. Because of this I have no heat in my car and my windows fog up making it very hard to see out of the windows. I have contacted my local Mitsubishi dealer and they said that this is not a recall and would cost about $1400 - $1500 to fix. There are many people who are reporting the same problem with the same car. I believe this is a design flaw and should be made a recall and repaired for free.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Jun 102009

Lancer 4-cyl

Heat/ac knob has always been difficult to turn. It is now stuck on A/C. I am located in an area that acquires freezing temperatures, and evidently, will need to be able to defrost the windshield. Upon researching this issue, I have come across thousands of Mitsubishi owners with the same problem. Since most of the U. S. experiences freezing temperatures this should, without a doubt, be a recall because it is affecting so many driver's visibilities. The other safety aspect to be considered pertains young children, the elderly, and the ill. Car windows open or not, how is it safe to have the young, elderly, or ill in a car over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees? this is simply unacceptable, irresponsible, and unsafe. Please advise a recall.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 142012

Lancer

I have had my 2003 Lancer for about 4 years and the ac/heater knob has always been difficult to turn. Recently the knob "broke" and it is now stuck on ac and I now have no heat therefore it means I have no defrosters. This is a visibility issue and there should be a recall. According to all of the complaints this is a common problem that needs to be addressed and taken care of.

- Hagerstown , MD, USA

Apr 282012

Lancer 4-cyl

Purchased vehicle brand new July 2003. Heat/ac knob has always been difficult to turn. It is now stuck on A/C. I am located in an area that acquires freezing temperatures, and evidently, will need to be able to defrost the windshield. Upon researching this issue, I have come across thousands of Mitsubishi owners with the same problem. Since most of the U.S. experiences freezing temperatures this should, without a doubt, be a recall because it is affecting so many driver's visibilities. The other safety aspect to be considered pertains to: Young children, the elderly, and the ill. Car windows open or not, how is it safe to have the young, elderly, or ill in a car over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees? this is simply unacceptable, irresponsible, and unsafe. Please advise a recall.

- Langhorne, PA, USA